DCS TELECOM is committed to managing environmental impact as an integral part of DCS TELECOM operations.
It is always our policy to assure the environmental integrity of our processes and facilities. We do so by adhering to the following principles:
- Employing management systems and procedures specifically designed to minimize the use of hazardous materials, energy and other natural resources, to minimize the generation of waste, and to enable recycling and reuse of materials,
- We continually seek opportunities to improve our environmental performance by establishing objectives and targets, measuring progress, and reporting our results; including – but not limited to – consumption of energy, water, paper and fuel plus vehicle miles traveled,
- Promoting participation and communicate our commitment to responsible environmental management by:
- Promoting environmental responsibility among our employees; by providing the necessary training and support to enable them to implement this policy;
- Informing suppliers of our environmental policy and encouraging them to adopt effective environmental management practices; and by soliciting input from our employees, suppliers, customers and board members in meeting our environmental goals.
The following measures is being taken by our management and employees to reduce waste, prevent pollution, conserve water and energy:
Awareness & Commitment:
Our policy toward the environment will be readily available and promoted to our employees, customers and
vendors. We will endeavor to ensure staff, customers and students are familiar with and implement our environmental commitment and objectives.
- Our environment policy can be viewed on our website using the link: (https://dcstelecom.us/environmental-policy/),
- Our environment policy is clearly present in the employee’s handbook, and introduced to all new employees, contractors, and vendors,
- Our environment policy is mentioned in all our contracts contents,
- Support carbon offset projects by using material that are100% neutral friendly when possible,
- Seek and employ local products and services to reduce transport emissions wherever possible,
- Avoid unnecessary travel by opting for online meetings, communication and education wherever possible
Energy and Water Consumption:
DCS TELECOM is committed to reducing carbon dioxide emissions by both attaining a greater efficiency in total energy consumption at our Headquarters and by continuing to examine the possibility of acquiring electricity from “green” sources where finances permit.
- On-site air conditioning is only to be used when the ambient temperature is over 25 degrees Celsius. Air conditioning temperature is to be set no lower than 25 degrees Celsius,
- Use natural light wherever possible. Artificial lighting used is LED bulbs only,
- Shut down computers and equipment completely when its use is not necessary,
- Limit water use by following the guidelines set out by the Federal Government of the United States of America (https://www.fedcenter.gov/programs/water/)
Waste Generation and Management:
- DCS TELECOM will endeavor to minimize the production of waste and pollution; including unnecessary packaging and opt for “green” packaging options, unnecessary material usage wherever possible,
- DCS TELECOM will implement measures to reduce the volume of waste generated and increase the proportion of waste that is recycled in our company,
- DCS TELECOM is dedicated to spreading the importance of waste reduction to the telecom industry as a whole.
- Use municipal marked recycling waste boxes to reduce waste generated at our sites,
- Going paperless wherever possible by utilizing electronic communication, invoices, documents and manuals. Printing on both sides of papers when going paperless is not an option,
- Reuse – wherever possible – including repurposing packing materials from our vendors,
- Reduce kitchen waste by providing dishes and cutlery, discouraging single-use plastics and excessive packaging.
Materials & Resources:
DCS TELECOM will try to minimize the environmental impact with regards to sourcing materials and resources.
- Where the option is available and allowed, DCS TELECOM will avoid using product packaging materials which have an undesirable effect on the environment. Where this is not possible; DCS TELECOM is committed to reduce waste by reusing and recycling and encourage our customers to do the same,
- All papers and label products ore sourced via sustainable means by purchasing through Officeworks,
- DCS TELECOM will request that our vendors and suppliers use minimal or sustainable packaging when shipping products to us. Any packaging received will be reused or repurposed where possible. Unusable packaging will be recycled,
DCS TELECOM will help to protect and enhance natural habitats and wildlife, take appropriate opportunities to enhance them and be sensitive to landscape issues.
- Wherever possible and allowed, DCS TELECOM will endeavor to source and produce products without cruelty to animals,
- Look to minimize impact on local wildlife and look for opportunities to work with the local community in caring for the local environment,
- Participate as a company in events in our local community at least once per year
As DCS TELECOM grows as a company, we are committed to continually improving our Environmental Sustainability Policy and practices by seeking out eco – friendly options wherever possible.
Dated: January 1st 2018
Mr. Ossam Khalil
Download the printed version of: DCS TELECOM Environmental Policy
- November 2020
- May 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- November 2019
- April 2019
- May 2017
- June 2016
- August 2015
- June 2015
- February 2015
- April 2014
- July 2013
- February 2012
- November 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- November 2010
- September 2010
- July 2010
- October 2009
- March 2007
- October 2005
- June 2005
- October 2002